The Rural Fire Service (RFS) says some sections of a major bushfire in north-western New South Wales have been contained because of milder overnight conditions.
The RFS has , which has already destroyed 33 homes and burned through 40,000 hectares west of Coonabarabran.
Extra resources have been brought in to help tackle the uncontrolled blaze and build containment lines around its 100-kilometre perimeter.
Eighty crews worked overnight to control the blaze and 18 aircraft were sent to the area to drop water and fire retardant.
In addition to the 33 dwellings, 50 sheds have so far been lost while five outer buildings were damaged at the $80 million Siding Spring Observatory on Sunday.
But the RFS service says no further properties are likely to come under threat if the weather holds.
Deputy incident controller Steve Rayson says crews have made a lot of progress.
"We've had a very successful night overnight," he said.
"We've participated in a little bit of property protection where it was needed.
"We've started to develop the containment lines and have secured a small part of the edge of this fire and have started developing strategies for the remaining edges of this fire."
The fire is burning just one kilometre from the township of Bugaldie and is travelling in a northerly direction away from Timor Road and the Siding Spring Observatory.
Meanwhile, the RFS says it hopes to have another bushfire burning north of Coonabarabran contained within the next day.
The blaze has burned through almost 650 hectares and has closed the Newell Highway between Coonabarabran and Narrabri.
The RFS says the fire is not moving very fast and crews will use today to build containment lines and carry out back-burning if possible.
Firefighters also worked overnight to ensure a bushfire near Murrumbateman, north of Canberra, remained within containment lines.
The 30-hectare blaze on Dicks Creek Road has not threatened property.
Firefighters are still trying to bring a blaze under control in the Kybyean Valley, near Cooma.
Other bushfires near Yass and Bungendore are under control.
Some 120 fires are burning across NSW, 30 of them uncontrolled.
NSW Emergency Services Minister Mike Gallacher will today meet with the RFS volunteers who are battling the blazes.
He will visit Coonabarabran to inspect the devastation near the Warrumbungle National Park, and also travel to Tamworth and Gunnedah, where storms and fires have also caused damage and disruption.
Mr Gallacher says he is hoping to lift the spirits of volunteers who have given so much in recent days.
"I've got to say the shoulders are a bit down, particularly with the loss of so many homes, so much property in that Coonabarabran area," he said.
"People in this emergency service space recognise that the fire's not finished yet and the people up there, they know it.
"But, of course, in other parts of the state where cooler weather and southerly winds are now pushing through, people feel that the risk is over.
Meanwhile, a bushfire burning south-east of Kyneton in central Victoria has been brought under control.
The Country Fire Authority says the blaze at Pipers Creek started about 4:00am (AEDT) and burnt through about five hectares of grass and bushland.
No properties are under threat.
Firefighting aircraft are being called in to help control the flames.