AP Television -- AP Clients Only
San Francisco - Feb. 26, 2013
1. Wide exterior of The Sandwich Spot
2. Wide of customers inside the business
3. Wide of merchant taking payment and using iPad to handle "Square Wallet" transaction
4. SOUNDBITE: Jack Dorsey / CEO and Co-Founder of Square Inc.
Square Wallet is an application that anyone can download to their phone...and you link your credit card once....and then you can go to any Square merchant....and you can keep your phone in your pocket or your bag....and as you are walking up to the register, your name will appear on the register with your picture....and you can pay with your name.
5. Med of customer using finger to sign iPad
6. SOUNDBITE: Jack Dorsey / CEO and Co-Founder of Square Inc.
We made a very simple device that looks like this....called a square....plugs into your iPhone or iPad...and allows you to swipe anyone's credit card....we charge 2.75 percent...and the money goes in your bank account the very next day...so very, very simple...people can run and build their businesses with devices they already have.
7. Wide of businessman behind counter using iPad to take "Square Wallet" payment
8. SOUNDBITE: Ferry Gunawan/Owner, The Sandwich Spot:
"It saves us a lot of money....a couple hundred dollars a month....from that field alone....it's simple to use...we use ipad....it's one click away....it will show the customer how much they want to tip...it increases the tips for the employees....the employee loves it also.
9. Med of customer showing "Square Wallet" transaction results on iPhone
10. SOUNDBITE: Jack Dorsey / CEO and Co-Founder of Square Inc.
More and more people are carrying less cash...they are not carrying their checkbooks....and they want to use debit cards and pre-paid cards....credit cards for everything...and they expect to see it in all places.
11. Customer using "Square Wallet" to pay for transaction
12. SOUNDBITE: Tariq Ismael/"Square Wallet" User
I like it because it's very convenient....part of it is the novelty factor....i think it's cool just to pay for stuff with my phone....i like interface...it makes transactions simple...without having to deal with receipts...emails....i tell them my name is Tariq....everything else is taking care of."
13. Customer showing transaction on iPhone
Jack Dorsey, the man who co-founded Twitter, has a new upstart company that's aiming to make a big splash in the mobile payments market. His new company is Square Inc., and it has introduced a mobile application called "Square Wallet."
He says, "Square Wallet is an application that anyone can download to their phone, and you link your credit card once, and then you can go to any Square merchant, and you can keep your phone in your pocket or your bag." "As you are walking up to the register, your name will appear on the register with your picture, and you can pay with your name," he says.
Ferry Gunawan, the owner of "The Sandwich Stop" is a Square merchant. "It saves us a lot of money, a couple hundred dollars a month, he says. 'It's simple to use, we use an iPad, he says."
And customer Tariq Ismael, who has downloaded the application on his mobile phone, likes it, too. "It makes transactions simple, without having to deal with receipts, emails, I tell them my name is Tariq, and everything else is taking care of, he says."