McDonald's has taken legal action against a group of Victorian protesters fighting construction of one of the company's fast-food outlets in their community.
Dozens of protesters in Tecoma, on Melbourne's eastern outskirts, have rallied at the proposed building site for weeks.
Construction has been indefinitely delayed as residents planted themselves on a roof and building unions decided to down tools in support.
But McDonald's says it needs to seek injunctions against the protesters so it can safely build the restaurant outlet without further delays.
"This means removing those trespassing on the roof and those obstructing movement to and from the site," spokeswoman Skye Oxenham said in a statement.
Protest spokesman Garry Muratore said eight people have so far been served with injunctions and they are all worried to see McDonald's escalate the dispute.
"It's a concerning trend. They've gone from ignoring us to pure intimidation," he told AAP on Wednesday.
The injunctions state that McDonald's also wants to recover costs from construction delays and hiring site security, he said.
The local council had rejected the company's bid to build a restaurant, but McDonald's fought the decision and it was overturned in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Premier Denis Napthine has previously said local planning authorities should have the right to decide where fast-food outlets are located, but urged protesters to be peaceful.
Police had to be called several times, however, and ended up charging at least one protester with trespass and traffic offences after she attached herself to a vehicle.
The eight protesters are due to face the Victorian Supreme Court on Thursday.