Australian artist Rolf Harris's portrait of Queen Elizabeth is reportedly in art limbo, with no-one confirming its whereabouts.
Harris, who has been charged with a string of child sex offences, was commissioned to create the colourful painting of the monarch in 2005.
However, the UK's Daily Mail reported on Sunday that it couldn't confirm its whereabouts.
A spokesman for the Walker Art Gallery reportedly told the newspaper they had the painting on loan until August 2012 when they returned it to Buckingham Palace.
The Royal Collection, however, reportedly said it had gone back to the BBC.
Yet a BBC spokesman has told the paper that: "If the piece is not with us or the Palace, it must be in Mr Harris' personal collection."
A spokesman for the entertainer, however, did not respond to any queries from the paper.
Harris has maintained his silence since being charged last month with 13 child sex offences in the UK including the indecent assault of two teenage girls in the 1980s.
The 83-year-old, who performed at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert in 2012, was arrested in late March by officers from Operation Yewtree, which was established following the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal.
At the beginning of August he was re-arrested following further allegations and then charged later in the month.
He's due to appear at a London court this month.