Tasmanian police no longer believe the deaths of two east coast men are linked to a batch of home-brewed alcoholic spirits.
Two middle-aged men from the Scamander area died in the same week late last month.
It prompted concerns they had been poisoned by methanol in a batch of milky white spirits found in one of their houses.
Acting Police Inspector Jason Jones says tests of the brew have revealed that was not the case.
"That only had ethanol, it didn't have any of the nasty toxins that we thought it could have," he said.
Police no longer believe the deaths are linked, but have no regrets about alerting the public to the dangers of home distilling.
"It's best to err on the side of caution when we had two unexplained deaths."
The Coroner is preparing a report but police do not believe the deaths were suspicious.