Los Angeles - November 2, 2013

1. SOUNDBITE (English) Gina-Marie Lindsey, Executive Director of Los Angeles World Airport: "I am pleased to report to you this morning that LAX is returning to normal."

2. SOUNDBITE (English) Patrick Gannon, Chief of Los Angeles World Airport Police: "Our whole posture for security is high profile. We have a security strategy that we employ every single day. Obviously today and for the foreseeable future we'll continue a very high profile at the curbs and anywhere in those ticketing areas and anywhere on our campuses."

3. SOUNDBITE (English) Patrick Gannon, Chief of Los Angeles World Airport Police: "When we look at how we're going to respond to things and things that have occurred over the last - not that far when you think about what happened in Nairobi, Kenya, and you think about what happened at the Washington Naval Yard, Sandy Hook Elementary School. It doesn't take much to want to be prepared and ready to handle an incident if it were to occur in our own backyard. And so we trained over 200 of our own officers and almost 200 officers from the Los angeles Police Department in enhanced training to enhance the training they'd already received on this, and I can't tell you how many people - how many officers have stopped me both today and yesterday to express how grateful they are that that training occurred.

4. SOUNDBITE (English) Mike Bonnie, Councilman for the airport's district: "Barely 24 hours after this happened, terminal three was partially opened. Less than 30 hours after this incident, this airport is going to be fully functional. That is a remarkable achievement."


Operations at Los Angeles International Airport were returning to normal by Saturday afternoon following Friday's shooting that killed a TSA officer and closed parts of the airport. Airport officials said Saturday that LAX's Terminal 3 had reopened. Officials urged travelers who left belongings behind in the shooting's aftermath to work with their airline to claim possessions.