South Australia will increase its capacity to handle electronic waste ahead of the shutdown of the analogue television service.
The analogue service will be switched off in Adelaide and surrounding areas on April 2.
That's expected to result in a surge in the disposal of older television sets through recycling centres following the 2012 ban on TVs and computers going to landfill.
Environment Minister Paul Caica said 17 organisations in SA had been given funding to improve their capacity to handle the collection, storage and recycling of electronic waste.
"We are shoring up the state's e-waste reprocessing capacity, as there will be an increase in volumes and demand for conveniently located recycling drop-off points," Mr Caica said.
The minister said most South Australians were enthusiastic supporters of electronic waste recycling and were keen to dispose of unwanted equipment in a responsible way.