AP Television - AP Clients Only
Chicago - Jan. 8
1. WS of Urooj Khan's home
2. WS Pan left to Kahn's home
3. TS on address above door
4. Illinois Lottery Photo of Urooj Khan- Courtesy
5. WS of Jimmy Goreel inside 7-11
6. Illinois Lottery Photo of Urooj Khan
7. SOUNDBITE: Jimmy Goreel/Victim's Friend (Transcript Below)
8. WS of Urooj Kahn's dry cleaning business
9. TS of Lottery Jackpot banner in store
10. TS of Kahn's dry cleaning business
11. WS of inside of dry cleaning business
12. Tilt down outside 7-11
13. MS of dry cleaning business
14. MS of car at Kahn's home
THE WIFE OF A CHICAGO LOTTERY WINNER WHO DIED OF CYANIDE POISONING AS HE WAS ABOUT TO COLLECT A 425 THOUSAND DOLLAR JACKPOT SAID SHE CAN'T BELIEVE HER HUSBAND HAD AN ENEMIES.
AUTHORITIES ARE INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF UROOJ KHAN AS A HOMICIDE AFTER FIRST BELIEVING HE DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES.
A FRIEND OF KHAN'S WHO WORKS AT THE 7-11 WHERE HE BOUGHT HIS WINNING TICKET DESCRIBED HIM AS A GUY WHO DIDN'T NEED TO HIT THE JACKPOT TO SMILE AT EVERYBODY.
SOUNDBITE : JIMMY GOREEL/FRIEND OF VICTIM
"Regular customer, I would say. Friendly, good sense of humor, working type of guy, you know. Always asks us when he comes in, always greets us. He was a very appreciative person."
KHAN OPERATED SEVERAL DRY CLEANING BUSINESSES -- AND HIS WIFE SAID HE PLANNED TO USE HIS WINNINGS TO PAY OFF MORTGAGES, EXPAND HIS BUSINESS -- AND GIVE TO CHARITY.
AUTHORITIES HAVE GIVEN FEW DETAILS ABOUT HIS DEATH.
AND THEY HAVEN'T SAID WHETHER THEY BELIEVE HIS LOTTERY WIN COULD HAVE BEEN A MOTIVE IN HIS KILLING.
SIGOUT - Name/Associated Press