Britain’s Mail on Sunday newspaper alleged Prince harry tried to keep secret details of his separate legal fight with the government over security arrangements.
Harry to seek Mail on Sunday libel win without trial
Prince Harry will seek to win his libel claim against publisher Associated Newspapers without the case going to trial, his lawyer says, as the British royal steps up his legal battles against the tabloid press.
Harry, King Charles’ younger son, sued Associated Newspapers last year over an article in its Mail on Sunday newspaper that alleged he tried to keep secret details of his separate legal fight with Britain’s government over his security arrangements.
London’s High Court ruled in July that the Mail report was defamatory, paving the way for Harry to take the case forward against one of Britain’s biggest media publishers.
The article said Harry, 38, had tried to keep secret details of his legal fight to reinstate his police protection – which was withdrawn after he stepped back from royal duties in 2020 – and that his aides had then tried to put a positive spin on it.